A Short Itinerary For Hanoi – Vietnam’s Capital City
In Northern Vietnam, you will find the capital city of Hanoi. The entire region is rich with history, cultures, and traditions and so much of that has remained for you to explore and experience.
Vietnam has rapidly become a ritual destination for travelers from across the world and this looks set to continue for years to come. Vibrant Vietnam is wide awake and modernising, with growth across the country and largely very welcoming to foreign tourism.
Hanoi isn’t to be missed on this trip though, get out of the airport and explore.
What to see & visit in Hanoi?
- Hồ Hoàn Kiếm Lake walk
- St. Joseph’s Cathedral
- Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum
- Long Biên Bridge (French bridge)
- Văn Miếu- Quốc Tử Giám (Temple Of Literature)
- Street Entertainment (evenings by the lake)
- watch the train cruise past the city streets (Instagram favorite)
- Trekking outside … Ha Long Bay
Where To Stay In Hanoi – Accom
– Luxury – Hanoi Golden Holiday Hotel – Looking for style then Hanoi Golden is for you, beautiful rooms and really popular with tourists … just read the reviews.
– Mid – Nova Luxury Hotel – If you want to pay a little bit extra for a larger room then the Nova offers this.
– Budget – Luminous Viet Hotel – We stayed at this hotel, clean and simple layout with small rooms and located close to the lake.
Where To Eat! Hanoi
-Lunch – Bánh Mì 25 – If you are in need of an incredible and filling sandwich then you need to stop off at Banh Mi 25. Even for Vietnam, you will be shocked at the low prices.
-Dinner – Hanoi Food Culture – This place offers a great selection of food with a beautiful open garden area upstairs. (It’s slightly hidden in a short alleyway).
-Cafe – Cộng Cà Phê – Part of a chain of Vietnamese coffee houses, but we loved this particular spot up on the middle level with a view of the road and lake.